This Level 3 Award in Education and Training is designed to give people the knowledge and confidence to teach in the post 16 education sector. This could be as a trainer in the private training industry, as a teacher/lecturer in further education or as a work based assessor delivering work based training.
This qualification replaces the old PTLLS course. The course will certify you as being competent to teach at a nationally accredited standard.
The course is made up of three core units.
- Unit A looks at the role and responsibilities of a trainer/teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit B is largely practical and each learner is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 15 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice. It focuses on the importance of an inclusive learning environment, meeting individual learning needs.
- Unit C investigates the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful teaching.
Learners will achieve the nationally recognised Ofqual approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training Certificate.
The aim of the course is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment. Everyone on the course designs, delivers and evaluates a 15 minute micro-teach, gaining invaluable feedback from their teacher and peers.
This course is designed for individuals who would like to start teaching or for those who are already teaching but need a nationally recognised teaching qualification for their career development.
It is designed for both the private training industry and post 16 educational institutes, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
You will learn the skills and qualities required to become a successful teacher/trainer.
- Unit A looks at your roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Unit B involves planning your own session and the importance of providing an inclusive teaching setting that meets all individual needs.
- Unit C investigates the three main types of assessment in teaching and the pivotal role that ongoing assessment in teaching plays.
- Free Learning Materials
- 6 Months access to our learning portal with all learning materials.
- Facility to submit Assessments and recorded Micro-teach session via online.
- The UK’s the most prestigious awarding body Edexcel (Ofqual Approved) accredited certificate.
Who is this course for?
We designed this course mainly for two types of individuals, the ones who want to start their career in teaching and the ones who are already professional teachers.
The first group will solely need this course for their complete understanding and step by step guide to becoming a teacher. However, the second group can enrich their status as teachers with industry recognised national level teaching qualification for developing their career.
You must be aged nineteen or over to enrol, and minimum standards of English language, literacy and ICT skills are necessary.
Required Documents: You will be asked to submit a copy of identification documents such as a passport or driving licence.
To excel at your academics, it is always advised to have an instructor guide and help you throughout the course. As part of our course, we give our students full access to our dedicated tutor support service here the instructor will guide you or erase any doubt via email or live chat throughout our course.
Method of Assessment
There is no formal examination. Students must complete three written assignments and one Micro teach session, which can be submitted as a recorded video. All assignments must be submitted within three months of course commencement. There is an additional charge of £195 for your assessments and certificate, which is not payable until you submit your assessments.
After successful submission of your assessment you will receive Level 3 Award in Education and Training Certificate from Edexcel.
After the successful completion of this course, you will be able to work as a teacher/ trainer/ instructor in the lifelong teaching and academic sector. With this course, you will be recognised as a qualified and experienced trainer who can lead a group of students successfully and also earn a good salary. This course also helps you to become a freelance instructor in many fields.
|Getting Started AET||00:00:00|
|Application Form (AET)||00:00:00|
|Resources: Level 3 Award in Education & Training||00:00:00|
|Award in Education and Training Level 3 Workshop Objectives||00:15:00|
|Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training||01:00:00|
|Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training||00:30:00|
|Understanding Assessment in Education and Training||00:15:00|
|Award in Education and Training Level 3 Workshop Objectives||00:16:00|
|Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training||01:38:00|
|Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training||01:41:00|
|Understanding Assessment in Education and Training||00:31:00|
|Submit your work|
|Submit your work (AET)||00:00:00|
|Resubmit your work (AET)||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.