The Sterile Compounding Preparations course is about making you a qualified Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician.
This course also prepares you to take the Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician™ (CSPT™) Exam by the PTCB.
This course is a step by step guide to introduce you to the basic concept of pharmaceutical compounding and intensify your knowledge and understanding of simple sterile and non- sterile compounding. You’ll explore how to differentiate sterile from non-sterile compounding, USP 797 versus USP 795, familiarise with different tools and techniques for sterile pharmaceutical compounding.
You’ll equip with the necessary skills and confidence to work in compounding pharmacy settings and handle the duties effectively, no matter what the situation.
The comprehensive course will also be ideal if Sterile Compounding is a completely new frontier for you.
What you’ll learn
- Understand basic concept of pharmaceutical compounding
- Differentiate sterile from non-sterile compounding, USP 797 versus USP 795
- Understand USP 797 General Chapter – Sterile Pharmaceutical Products Compounding
- Learn techniques for sterile pharmaceutical compounding
- Be ready to take the Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician™ (CSPT™) Exam by the PTCB
Who this course is for:
- Pharmacists interested in sterile compounding, USP 797
- Pharmacy Technicians interested in sterile compounding, USP 797
- Pharmacy Technicians interested in expanding and advancing roles
- Pharmacy technician in training
- Pharmacy students or pharmacy interns
- Those preparing to take the Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technicians (CSPT) Exam by the PTCB
- Those who want to be Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technicians (CSPT)
- MUST HAVE basic knowledge of the pharmacy industry and different pharmacy settings
- A pharmacy experience or practice, an advantage
|01 – Introduction||00:01:00|
|04 – Hand Washing||00:01:00|
|05 – Complete Garbing||00:03:00|
|The Laminar Air Flow Hood (LAF) 3 lectures|
|06 – Cleaning the Laminar Flow Hood||00:02:00|
|07 – Cleaning a Horizontal Flow Hood||00:02:00|
|08 – Cleaning a Vertical Flow Hood||00:01:00|
|Sterile Compounding Pharmaceuticals Demonstrations|
|09 – Sterile Pharmaceutical Products Preparation Demo 1||00:24:00|
|10 – Sterile Pharmaceutical Products Preparation Demo 2||00:13:00|
|Compounding Pharmacy Math|
|11 – Solute, Solvent, and Solution||00:15:00|
|12 – Percentage ww, vv, wv||00:06:00|
|13 – Alligation and Dilution||00:04:00|
|14 – Alligation and Dilution Practice Problems||00:17:00|
|15 – Therapeutic Dose versus Lethal Dose||00:02:00|
|16 – Dosage Calculation||00:08:00|
|17 – More Dosage Calculation Practice Problems||00:07:00|
|18 – DO’s and DONT’s in Sterile Compounding||00:30:00|
|REVIEW OF THE STERILE COMPOUNDING PROCESS|
|Part 1- Garbing||00:03:00|
|Part 2- Laminar Air Flow Hood 1||00:01:00|
|Part 3- Laminar Air Flow Hood 2||00:04:00|
|Part 4- Reconstitution and Compounding||00:08:00|
|Part 5- Compounding Continued||00:17:00|
No Reviews found for this course.