The Sterile Compounding Preparations course is about making you a qualified Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician.
This course also prepares you to take the Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician™ (CSPT™) Exam by the PTCB.
This course is a step by step guide to introduce you to the basic concept of pharmaceutical compounding and intensify your knowledge and understanding of simple sterile and non- sterile compounding. You’ll explore how to differentiate sterile from non-sterile compounding, USP 797 versus USP 795, familiarise with different tools and techniques for sterile pharmaceutical compounding.
You’ll equip with the necessary skills and confidence to work in compounding pharmacy settings and handle the duties effectively, no matter what the situation.
The comprehensive course will also be ideal if Sterile Compounding is a completely new frontier for you.
What you’ll learn
- Understand basic concept of pharmaceutical compounding
- Differentiate sterile from non-sterile compounding, USP 797 versus USP 795
- Understand USP 797 General Chapter – Sterile Pharmaceutical Products Compounding
- Learn techniques for sterile pharmaceutical compounding
- Be ready to take the Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician™ (CSPT™) Exam by the PTCB
Who this course is for:
- Pharmacists interested in sterile compounding, USP 797
- Pharmacy Technicians interested in sterile compounding, USP 797
- Pharmacy Technicians interested in expanding and advancing roles
- Pharmacy technician in training
- Pharmacy students or pharmacy interns
- Those preparing to take the Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technicians (CSPT) Exam by the PTCB
- Those who want to be Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technicians (CSPT)
- MUST HAVE basic knowledge of the pharmacy industry and different pharmacy settings
- A pharmacy experience or practice, an advantage
|The Laminar Air Flow Hood (LAF) 3 lectures|
|Cleaning the Laminar Flow Hood||00:02:00|
|Cleaning a Horizontal Flow Hood||00:02:00|
|Cleaning a Vertical Flow Hood||00:01:00|
|Sterile Compounding Pharmaceuticals Demonstrations|
|Sterile Pharmaceutical Products Preparation Demo 1||00:24:00|
|Sterile Pharmaceutical Products Preparation Demo 2||00:13:00|
|Compounding Pharmacy Math|
|Solute, Solvent, and Solution||00:15:00|
|Percentage ww, vv, wv||00:06:00|
|Alligation and Dilution||00:04:00|
|Alligation and Dilution Practice Problems||00:17:00|
|Therapeutic Dose versus Lethal Dose||00:02:00|
|More Dosage Calculation Practice Problems||00:07:00|
|DO’s and DONT’s in Sterile Compounding||00:30:00|
|REVIEW OF THE STERILE COMPOUNDING PROCESS|
|Part 1- Garbing||00:03:00|
|Part 2- Laminar Air Flow Hood 1||00:01:00|
|Part 3- Laminar Air Flow Hood 2||00:04:00|
|Part 4- Reconstitution and Compounding||00:08:00|
|Part 5- Compounding Continued||00:17:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.