Sage One Accounts Extra – Online Computerised Accounts
course is about how to use Sage based on the most popular functions which you as a Sage Online operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) – to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up a Sage Online accounting system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Sage Online for yourself.
You will need to have access to Sage Online. You can sign up to the Sage site to get a free trial. We give you the link in lecture one and show you how to do this. The instructor is usually online to answer student queries for 2 hours each day.
The course materials includes the handout of the assignment task.
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
What Will I Learn?
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using Sage Line 50
- In this course, you will learn how to:
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
Who is the target audience?
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who need to increase their skills set
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Sage Accounts
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
- You will need access to Sage accounts in order to complete the assignment (any version)
|Getting Prepared - Access the software and course materials|
|Introduction to the course and your tutor||FREE||00:06:00|
|Sage Free Trial – sign up||00:03:00|
|Sign up online||00:01:00|
|Creating A New Company File||00:02:00|
|Setting Up The System|
|Amending the chart of accounts||00:05:00|
|Upgrade the version of Sage||00:04:00|
|Enter opening balances||00:08:00|
|Enter opening balance now that journals are done||00:06:00|
|Report opening trial balance||00:04:00|
|Reverse opening balances – accruals and prepayments||00:05:00|
|Reverse the opening accrual – show a report||00:03:00|
|Amend the nominal ledger||00:06:00|
|Report listing the nominal ledgers||00:02:00|
|Create suppliers report list||00:01:00|
|Enter invoices to customers||00:07:00|
|Enter customer invoices in a batch||00:06:00|
|Post Credit Notes||00:04:00|
|Report Showing Customer Activity||00:03:00|
|Post Supplier Invoices||00:10:00|
|Credit Notes Suppliers||00:04:00|
|Supplier account activity report||00:02:00|
|Reports showing supplier payments||00:01:00|
|Receipts From Customers||00:07:00|
|Report showing customer receipts||00:01:00|
|Post Petty Cash Transactions||00:02:00|
|46 Post petty cash – report||00:03:00|
|Post cash payments to ledgers||00:10:00|
|Add nominal codes to the ledger||00:06:00|
|Report On Cash Payments And Receipts||00:01:00|
|Post sundry payments||00:03:00|
|Report bank payments||00:01:00|
|VAT - Value Added Tax|
|Reconcile the bank||00:05:00|
|Unreconciled bank report||00:01:00|
|Payroll / Wages|
|Post The Wages Journal||00:04:00|
|Report Wages Journal||00:01:00|
|Month end adjustment journals||00:04:00|
|Run a report on the PnL and Balance Sheet and Trial Balance||00:02:00|
|Recap And Next Steps||00:05:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.