Quickbooks Online Accounts course is about how to use Quickbooks Online based on the most popular functions which you as a Quickbooks Online operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the online software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) – to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up a QuickBooks system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the online software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Quickbooks for yourself.
You will need to have access to a Quickbooks Online. The instructor is usually online to answer student queries for 2 hours each day.
The course materials include:
- the handout of the assignment task
- access to the QuickBooks Online software for FREE for 21 days
- A 384 page manual on QuickBooks online
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts. The next step would then be to take our QuickBooks Online Level 3. Note – there is no level 1.
The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
What Will I Learn?
- By the end of this course, you will be able to complete various common functions using Quickbooks Online. In this course you will learn how to:
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post-Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
- You will need access to Quickbooks Online (a free link will be provided in the course) – the software will be available (free) for 21 days
Who is the target audience?
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Quickbooks Online
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
|Getting prepared - access the software and course materials|
|The structure of the course – first things first!||00:05:00|
|Set up free trial||00:03:00|
|Starting A New Company File||00:11:00|
|Setting up the system|
|set up nominal accounts||00:11:00|
|Enter opening balances||00:02:00|
|Reverse opening balances – accruals and prepayments||00:05:00|
|amend the nominal ledger||00:07:00|
|Report listing the nominal ledgers||00:02:00|
|Report on customer contact information||00:01:00|
|supplier contact list||00:02:00|
|Post Sales Credit Notes||00:08:00|
|Report showing Customer Activity||00:03:00|
|Post Supplier Invoices||00:03:00|
|Entering a batch of supplier bills||00:09:00|
|Credit Notes Suppliers||00:05:00|
|Reclassify supplier bills – flash bulbs purchased||00:04:00|
|Supplier Account Activity Report||00:04:00|
|Report showing supplier payments||00:01:00|
|Receipts from customers||00:07:00|
|Report showing customer receipts||00:02:00|
|Post Petty Cash Transactions and Report||00:04:00|
|Post cash payments to ledgers||00:02:00|
|Enter petty cash items||00:14:00|
|Report on Petty Cash Payments Proper||00:05:00|
|Post Sundry Payments||00:05:00|
|Report Bank Payments||00:03:00|
|VAT - Value Added Tax|
|Reconcile The Bank||00:10:00|
|Provide A Report Showing Any Unreconciled Transaction||00:02:00|
|Payroll / Wages|
|Post the Wages Journal||00:08:00|
|Posting Journal Adjustments||00:02:00|
|Month end adjustments||00:03:00|
|Month end reports||00:06:00|
|Task- Crearing the accounts||00:06:00|
|Task – Customer report||00:01:00|
|Further Reading – QuickBooks Online 2014 The Handbook||00:00:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.