What Will I Learn?
- Understand how projects work and be able to control your project process
- Deploy some of the main ways to avoid budget and schedule over-runs
- Define your project precisely, for your benefit and everyone else’s
- Establish a clear scope, so you can combat the dreaded ‘scope creep’
- Deal effectively with supporters, critics and bystanders
- Create time scales on getting the job done using milestone planning
- Be able to use the world’s favourite project planning tool: the Gantt chart
- Achieve fair and effective allocation of project responsibilities
- Get the most from your team: motivation, collaboration and communication
- Predict problems and plan your responses
- Be able to assess which risks to deal with first
- Assess which risks to deal with first
- Apply all six strategies for action on risks available to use
- Stay in control when people change their minds
- Deliver your project on budget, on target, and on time
- Complete the three key tasks to finally close down your project
- You won’t need any software or materials other than your preferred note-taking device (pen & paper, Evernote or OneNote, or anything in between. You can even use Udemy’s built-in note-taking tools (which are private to you).
- If you have n experience of projects at all, that is absolutely fine. If you do have experience, bring it with you as you watch the videos. If you don’t, bring your common sense.
If you are new to project management, then this Project Management Certificate Course for Manager provides you all the fundamental information of project management that enables you to deliver a project on time, on a budget, and to requirement.
Project management is an indispensable component of business life. In order to achieve benefit for both your career and your organization relies on good project management skills and abilities. This course confers you the practical tools, techniques and advice you need for managing a project efficiently. Understand project management fundamentals along with project definition and planning stages, project delivery stage and closure stage so that you get set up to succeed.
What will I get?
You will get over two and a half hours of high quality video – not just a PowerPoint with a voice over.
It is based on Mike’s best selling three-hour live seminar and contains over two and a half hours of video, and a wealth of additional templates for you to download and adapt to your work. These will help you to manage your projects practically, for greater control and more success.
If you want to deliver your next project on time, on budget and to specification, you can’t afford not to take this course.
What people say about Mike’s live seminar…
“This did what it said on the box – a great deal of practical ideas for planning and managing tasks, along with understanding of key principles for successful delivery”
Andrea Duncan, PDP Co-ordinator – University of Northampton
“One of the best seminars I’ve attended in the last 17 years. Enjoyable practical and useful. I would highly recommend this course”
Diane Massey – DSM Legal Solicitors
“If you’ve never had formal training in project management – you’ll learn a huge amount about processes and the secrets to succeeding in your projects”
Paul Foxall, Senior Project Officer – Sandwell MBC
“Excellent seminar. I have been on previous project management course. This one seemed very different and much better due to brilliant examples Mike gave.”
Emma Oliver, Marketecture
“Excellent content, clearly delivered. Really enjoyed Mike’s course and found it exceptionally useful.”
Nick Osborn, Fenland RP Ltd
“Very useful. Many excellent strategies to help guide project managers.”
Rob Simpson, Basis (Registration) Ltd
“A great overall introduction to project management. I learnt a lot and have a lot I can start to implement tomorrow!”
Catherine Mendham, Content Consultants
“Very practical, very useful. Gives confidence in knowing what is important and what is not. Mike is a very engaging speaker.”
Louisa Davison, Secret Agent Marketing
“An excellent introduction and a reminder of some of the fundamentals of project management.”
Chris Price, Pulse PM Ltd
Dr Mike Clayton
Mike is on of the UK’s leading project delivery experts. He has many years experience of managing projects and integrating change in many companies of varying sizes. Mike has had key roles in managing multi-million pound projects for Vodafone, General Motors, BAA and Transport for London. Organisations of all sizes have benefited from his skills in integrating complex change. You will get real results as his highly practical approach simplifies complex ideas.
Mike also has over 20 years’ experience of training project managers, throughout the UK and in Europe and the US. He is the author of thirteen top-selling business, management, and personal effectiveness books, including four on project management topics:
- How to Manage a Great Project On budget. On target. On time. (Pearson, 2014)
- The Influence Agenda A systematic approach to aligning stakeholders in times of change (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)
- Brilliant Project Leader What the best project leaders know, do and say to get results, every time (Pearson, 2012)
- Risk Happens! Managing risk and avoiding failure in business projects (Marshall Cavendish, 2011)
Your Unconditional, No-questions, 30-Day Guarantee
The best way to assess how valid this material is in you culture is to try it out. I am so confident that this course will change your life that I offer you an unconditional, no questions asked, full 30 day money-back-in-full guarantee. If you don’t think this will give you a real sense of understanding and being in control of your project, then just ask me for your money back.
What if you have questions?
I will be on hand to answer your questions if you get stuck, puzzled, or just want to know more. As a professional trainer, this is what I do, and I promise to respond within 24 hours of your question arriving with me from Udemy.
Enroll for this course now, so you can start to gain control of your projects straight away.
Who is the target audience?
- new and want-to-be project managers
- project managers who have had no formal training and who want to start to formalise what you have learned on the job
- beginners and also for intermediates with a few projects under your belt
- managers and professionals who are starting to need to deliver projects as a part of your day-to-day responsibilities
- This course will give you a great legup if you need to get involved in your first project… in any capacity
Assessment & Certification:
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to buy an internationally recognised Accredited Certificate of Achievement from iStudy. You can however also buy a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test.
|Project Management Fundamentals: Know the Principles and Get it Right|
|What is a Project?||FREE||00:04:00|
|The Four Stage Project Lifecycle||00:08:00|
|Project Stages and Boundaries||00:08:00|
|One Reason why Projects go Wrong||00:05:00|
|Terminology used in the Project Stages||00:05:00|
|More on Project Gateways / Stage Gates||00:02:00|
|Project Definition Stage: The Vital Foundation to Your Success|
|Define your Project: Goals and Objectives||00:10:00|
|Understanding Project Scope||00:06:00|
|Dealing with Scope Creep||FREE||00:06:00|
|Project Definition: Summary||00:03:00|
|Project Planning Stage: Failing to Plan = Planning to Fail|
|The Book of the Plan||00:05:00|
|The Stakeholder Engagement Process||00:04:00|
|Milestones are your Best Friends||00:08:00|
|The Work Breakdown Structure||00:08:00|
|The Gantt Chart||00:06:00|
|Tools for Creating a Gantt Chart||00:04:00|
|The Linear Responsibility Chart (LRC) aka The RACI Chart||00:09:00|
|The Risk Management Process||FREE||00:04:00|
|The Six Strategies for Managing Risks||00:09:00|
|The Risk Register (or Risk Log)||00:06:00|
|Project Delivery Stage: Don't you Love it When a Plan Comes Together!|
|The Four Essentials of Leading your Team||00:07:00|
|Project Delivery – The Three Key Cycles||00:12:00|
|Project Closure Stage: Deep Sigh - You're Nearly Done|
|Closing your Project in an Orderly Manner||00:08:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.