What Will I Learn?
- Save time, money, and sanity by no longer having to depend on others for simple image fixes and edits.
- Eliminate confusion about which images are OK to use, what copyrights mean, and why it’s best to always be original or use royalty-free images.
- Have a deeper understanding of basic graphic design skills for creating and editing images that look professional and enhance your online presence.
- Know how to make the most commonly needed and essential edits using Adobe Photoshop on a PC or MAC. (30 day free trials are available from Adobe’s website)
- Know how to also make the most commonly needed and essential edits using the free image editing program, GIMP.
- Learn the proper way to save your files for print and the web as well as protect all your hard work in the event of computer/harddrive failure.
- Harness the emotional power of composition, image choice, layout, color, and more for boosting engagement and increasing clicks and sales.
- Bring an open mind and either Photoshop or GIMP to get started. The techniques described in this course can also be used in ANY imaging software regardless of type or version.
If you are willing to master Photoshop without any previous knowledge, then welcome to join this easy-to-follow course.
This intensive course focuses on real-world cases and presents some best techniques that require minimal effort yet produce maximum results. These step-by-step arranged and well-structured modules are focused on getting your job done in the least amount of time possible. Learn to design icons, business cards, illustrations, and characters including selections, layers, and working with the layers panel efficiently. Through this Photoshop | GIMP: Quick & Easy Image Hacks for Beginners, you’ll learn the latest version of the program – Photoshop CC 2017.
This is an excellent Photoshop training course that will take you from absolute beginner to skilled Photoshop user in very less time.
What Students Are Saying:
“Great course – the lessons were easy to follow and provided all sorts of useful tips for people like me with limited background in using graphics programs. Kristen’s teaching style is comfortable and supportive. And trust me – once you’ve learned to put lipstick on a horse, you’ll never forget the lesson behind it!” -Deborah Wojcicki
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and Photoshop | GIMP resources will continue to be added and timely design advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this course and join our growing learning community! Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started building your new digital imaging, software, and design skills today.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for beginners, novices, or anyone who suddenly finds themselves managing their own visual content online as a blogger, online instructor, or entrepreneur.
- This course will help so-called non-designers/technophobes who don’t have time, money, or patience for fussing around with fancy image programs and advanced techniques.
- This course is a great starting point for aspiring designers and online content creators and managers who do plan to use Photoshop and other Adobe programs.
- Advanced designers should NOT take this course as it is intended for beginners and non-designers who want to become self-reliant.
|Introduction to this Photoshop | GIMP Imaging Course. Welcome!||FREE||00:01:00|
|A Job Well Begun Is a Job Half Done: Essential Skills All Content Creators Need|
|Copyright 101: Which Images You Can Use Online and How to Protect Yourself||00:06:00|
|But PLEASE Never Do THIS When Searching For Royalty-Free Images||00:02:00|
|Saving Projects For Print VS. the Web: How Not to Shoot Yourself In the Foot||00:07:00|
|Lighting Is Key, Or… You Can’t Fix Everything Later on the Computer||00:02:00|
|Ways to Go From So-So to Pro and Stand Out From the Crowd (In a Good Way)|
|From So-So to Pro: Follow These 8 Simple Rules For Better Images Every Time||00:08:00|
|The Top Amateur Design Mistakes and How to Avoid Them||00:05:00|
|Why Filters and Effects in Photoshop and GIMP Are NOT Your Friends||00:04:00|
|Making Essential Edits and Fixes in Photoshop|
|Adjusting Your Levels: ALWAYS Do this first and EVERY time. (Photoshop)||00:03:00|
|Adjusting Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Saturation (Photoshop)||00:04:00|
|Scaling, Rotating, Flipping, and Transforming (Photoshop)||00:07:00|
|Easy Resizing, Cropping, and Formatting For Any Situation (Photoshop)||00:06:00|
|Removing Red Eyes and Blemishes (Photoshop)||00:03:00|
|Blurring Out a Face, Logo, or Background (Photoshop)||00:03:00|
|Take Something Annoying Out of the Background (Photoshop)||00:04:00|
|Brighten That Smile and Just Add Lipstick -To a Horse of Course. (Photoshop)||00:07:00|
|Extra: A Few More of My Favorite Tools in Photoshop (Also in GIMP)||00:07:00|
|Making Essential Edits and Fixes in GIMP|
|GIMP Disclaimer and The Importance of a Flexible Mindset With Software||00:01:00|
|Adjusting Your Levels: ALWAYS Do this first and EVERY time. (GIMP)||00:02:00|
|Adjusting Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Saturation (GIMP)||00:05:00|
|Scaling, Rotating, Flipping, and Transforming (GIMP)||00:06:00|
|Easy Resizing, Cropping, and Formatting For Any Situation (GIMP)||00:05:00|
|Removing Red Eyes and Blemishes (GIMP)||00:04:00|
|Brighten That Smile and Just Add Lipstick -To a Horse of Course. (GIMP)||00:07:00|
|Blurring Out a Face, Logo, or Background (GIMP)||00:04:00|
|Take Something Annoying Out of the Background (GIMP)||00:04:00|
|Let’s Find a Public Domain Image to Work With||00:01:00|
|Introduction to This Section and What You Will Learn||00:01:00|
|Duplicate Your Photo to Make Multiple Layers||00:01:00|
|Desaturating the Top Layer||00:02:00|
|Reveal the Color Underneath With the Eraser Tool||00:03:00|
|Saving Options (Quick Review) and More Tools for Fun (De)Saturation Effects||00:04:00|
|More Resources and Conclusion|
|Extra: Editing Your Images online for FREE using Photoshop’s Web Editor||00:07:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.