A well-prepared business pitch is among the leading of many obstacles you as an entrepreneur must jump to get your company off the ground. A perfect pitch can bring valuable business relationships with more worthy business motives. Business pitches commonly take place in a wide variety of settings, from elevators to offices, to parties. Whether it’s an informal ‘elevator’ pitch or a formal pitch to potential investors, understanding how to deliver your idea in a brief and impactful approach can be the difference between being appreciated or declined.
This Perfect Pitching: How to Tell Them What They Want to Hear course is intended to provide you with the skills and the confidence you need to deliver pitches that are influencing and remarkable.
You’ll learn how to:
- Keep a cool head during your pitch
- Feel confident speaking openly
- Be realistic with your sales predictions
- Come up with a plan for negotiating
- Tell them what they want to hear
- Use the appropriate language
- Reveal your passion and tell a consistent story
- Promote yourself as smart, intelligent businessperson
- Complete any pitch with a powerful call to action
- A willingness to learn
- An open and ambitious mind
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone involved in pitching their ideas
- Entrepreneurs and start-up founders
- Anyone seeking financial investment
- Anyone keen to develop their skills of influence, persuasion and public speaking
Who is Alan Stevens?
Alan has been speaking professionally, on and off stage, for about 40 years. He has written a number of books on the subject, the most recent titled ‘The Exceptional Speaker’. He is the most decorated public speaker in the world, having won more awards than any other speaker. He has been the President of the Global Speakers Federation as well as President of the National Speakers Federation in the UK. During his career he has worked with thousands of people and blue chip companies to help them improve their presentation skills.
“Alan, most of the time it is hard to get honest replies from people about the content of my communication, and how I can become better at what I do. Thank you very much for your professional advice and help – I really appreciate it.”
– Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, The UK’s most successful Paralympic athlete
|The 9 Steps to a Perfect Pitch|
|An Introduction: Why Pitching is Important||00:02:00|
|Solving their Problem||00:03:00|
|Telling Them What They Want to Hear||00:02:00|
|Speaking in Plain English||00:02:00|
|Grabbing the Listener’s Attention||00:03:00|
|Asking Qualifier Questions||00:03:00|
|Showing Your Passion||00:03:00|
|Telling a Consistent Story||00:02:00|
|Concluding with a Call to Action||00:02:00|
|Types of Pitches|
|The Pixar Pitch||00:04:00|
|The Rhyming Pitch||00:01:00|
|The One-Word Pitch||00:01:00|
|The Logline Pitch||00:01:00|
|The Question Pitch||00:01:00|
|Next steps / further reading||00:01:00|
|Order your Certificate||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.