What Will I Learn?
- Create powerful custom illustrations in minutes using Adobe Illustrator or any similar free or paid program (Photoshop, GIMP, Painter, etc) using simple techniques and basic principles.
- Understand image creation best practices regarding copyrights and using free stock images, original photos, and royalty-free images.
- Develop the ability to make illustrations that can be used online, in videos, or for print, even if you CAN’T DRAW.
- Make unique and inexpensive illustrated gifts for friends and family.
- Save and make money creating your own illustrations for yourself and others.
- Avoid headaches if and when you lose your work by learning the proper way to save your files.
- This mini course requires no special equipment aside from a computer and an appropriate software program like Illustrator. (Free 30 days trials of Illustrator are available from Adobe).
Adobe Illustrator is hugely popular software tool for making vector graphics. Expand your creative skills with this incredible set of Illustrator tutorials that cover a wide range of subjects, from simple icons to patterns and detailed illustrations. Learn to make original, custom illustrations using Adobe Illustrator in just a matter of minutes that look professional and can be used online, in videos and animations, or for print purposes such as on a poster, letterhead, even a T-shirt or other products.
Through this Level 2 Certificate in Adobe Illustrator, understand entirely about Copyright issues and using photos in your projects. Learn simple techniques to make unique illustrations for selling or gifts for friends and family.
What Students Are Saying:
“What a wonderful course ! Kristen is a great teacher and quickly answers any questions that you might have. I’m really excited about applying the techniques that I’ve learned in the course.” -Diane Falck
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely design advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.Empower yourself now by enrolling in this Illustrator course and join our growing learning community! Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started building your illustration, software, and design skills today.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for newcomers to Illustrator as well as beginners interested in learning simple and basic techniques for getting started illustrating on the computer.
- Advanced traditional fine artists and illustrators looking for ways to take their natural drawing talents from their sketchbooks to a computer environment will appreciate this easy, step by step approach.
- Please note this is NOT an in-depth Adobe Illustrator course. Students looking for intermediate to advanced Illustrator training would be better off taking a longer, comprehensive course.
|Welcome! Introduction to this Illustrator Course||FREE||00:02:00|
|New to Adobe Illustrator? Here’s the Crash Course to Get You Started.||FREE||00:05:00|
|Getting Set Up: All About Copyright Issues and Using Photos in Your Projects|
|Important Copyright Issues You Need to Know & Choosing a Photo as a Guide||00:06:00|
|Let's Do IT! Make a Custom Illustration in Adobe Illustrator|
|Placing Your Photo as a Guide in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Setting Up Your Brush and Making a “Drawing” Layer in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Draw the Black and White Line Drawing in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Pause Here to Learn How to Save Properly and Save Yourself Pain and Suffering||FREE||00:03:00|
|Adding Color: Option #1. Coloring With the Brush Tools in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Adding Color: Option #2. Use The Live Paint Bucket Tool in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Adding Color: Option #3. Cheat and Go Color It In Photoshop||00:04:00|
|Saving a Final Web Version in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Saving a Final Web Version in Adobe Photoshop||00:02:00|
No Reviews found for this course.