What Will I Learn?
- You will be more confident reading ingredient lists and nutritional labels.
- You will understand the details of food nutrients and how they affect the body.
- You will be able to demonstrate a healthy diet.
- You will be able to provide for yourself all the nutrients like protein, calcium, and iron, from plant-based foods.
- You will be able to create a healthy vegan diet will all the nutrients you need
- You will be able to avoid the fads and diet extremes seen on the internet
- You will have tools needed to avoid the pitfalls of a restricted diet.
A very basic understanding of biology is helpful, but not critical.
This course is detail oriented if you don’t like stats and numbers you may find the first part of the course difficult.
Good health is at the forefront of the national agenda. There will be unprecedented demand for skilled, qualified health professionals over the coming years. This Health Nutrition Diploma will provide you with the education and experience to work in the rapidly growing health industries. It will prepare you with sound theoretical and practical knowledge in basic nutrition and evidence-based strategies in areas of weight management, functional foods and menu planning. If you are keen to equip yourself with the knowledge in basic nutrition, and want to learn the details of food nutrients and how they affect the body, then make a strategic and healthy career intervention with this Health Nutrition Diploma.
Who is the target audience?
- Those who have a basic understanding of healthy living but want to learn more about nutrition itself.
- Those interested in the best health and wish to have optimal nutrition including vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores.
- Those considering a career in nutrition.
|Introduction to Basic Health||FREE||00:03:00|
|Overview of Nutritional Terms||FREE||00:03:00|
|Understanding Food Labels and Claims||FREE||00:06:00|
|The Science of Nutrition & Professionals||FREE||00:05:00|
|Assessment – Overview||00:05:00|
|Carbohydrates – Sugar||00:07:00|
|Carbohydrates – Starch||00:04:00|
|Carbohydrates – Fiber||00:02:00|
|Fat – Omega 3, 6, 9 & Cholesterol||00:07:00|
|Minerals Starting With Iron & Zinc||00:05:00|
|More Minerals – Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium||00:04:00|
|Vitamins – Starting with B’s||00:03:00|
|Vitamins A, C, E, K – the Antioxidants||00:11:00|
|Couple More Minerals – Sodium & Potassium||00:03:00|
|Trace Minerals, B12 & Vitamin D||00:05:00|
|Assessment – Nutritional Details||00:05:00|
|What to Avoid & Problem Areas|
|Nutritional Deficiencies & Food Allergies||00:01:00|
|Organic vs Toxic Chemicals – Finding Balance||00:06:00|
|Fads. Trends, and Extremes in Diet||00:03:00|
|Assessment – What to Avoid & Problem Areas||00:05:00|
|Exercise Unlocks Nutrients||00:03:00|
|Assessment – Beyond Food||00:02:00|
|Putting It All Together|
|Calorie Intake & Menu Development||00:05:00|
|Practical Application & Summary||00:03:00|
|Assessment – Putting It All Together||00:05:00|
|Nutrition 4 Optimal Health -Handouts|
|Nutrition 4 Optimal Health -Handouts||00:00:00|