What you’ll learn
- Build and frost square or rectangular cakes smooth with sharp edges.
- Create re-usable surfaces to practice decorating techniques.
- Learn how to pipe and use a brush to create buttercream embroidery.
- Discover how to transfer templates to buttercream cakes.
- Learn how to paint with buttercream and color gels.
- Create natural scenes by understanding how to build layers.
- Pipe small, medium, and large buttercream flowers.
- Pipe leaves, stems, and filler plant material such as berries and buds.
- Achieve deep and rich icing colors with Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
- Build unique cake shapes to creatively display buttercream floral arrangements.
- This an intermediate level course which requires an understanding of basic cake decorating skills such as frosting a cake, simple piping, and baking cakes.
- A list of equipment and resources is included with the course.
- Plain, baked cakes in your choice of flavor. Size requirements are included in the course.
- If you are a beginner, I recommend completing my introduction to cake decorating course before enrolling in this one.
- This course demonstrates techniques with Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Recipe included in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Students who have mastered basic decorating concepts and wish to build on those.
- Cake decorators looking to learn new skills.
- Business owners searching for new looks and skills to add to their offerings.
- Cake decorating career seekers wanting to build their portfolio.
- Intermediate level decorators. This is not a beginner level course.
|Building Rectangular or Square Cakes|
|Brush Embroidery Cake|
|Transfer the Design||00:04:00|
|Piping on the Cake||00:06:00|
|Piping the Wildflowers||00:04:00|
|Piping Little Leaves||00:03:00|
|Piping the Crown||00:03:00|
|Piped Flower Design||00:05:00|
|Tools for Piped Flowers||00:03:00|
|The English Rose||00:04:00|
|Piped Flower Cake|
|Building the Cake||00:05:00|
|Adding the Leaves||00:04:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.