Do you want to Master essential study & learning strategies for ultimate exam success? Join this Essential Study Skills: Strategies for Ultimate Success to get an expert on it!
Through the course you will learn how and why you learn, multiple study skills methods, how to read, take notes and study from books, prioritisation, visual and auditory methods, ensuring you don’t miss anything out, how to preempt exam questions as well as a general study approach and a list of apps and web-based systems. This will all combine to produce a system which enables you to learn & recall faster and smarter. You will learn choose the right study technique for you, appreciate the types of study you may undertake. You will be able to identify what reading style best matches your type of study and more.
The course offers you a complete learning and study system that can be adapted to you & your topic.
What you’ll learn
- choose the right study technique for you
- appreciate the types study you may undertake
- understand that there are three main ways that you learn
- identify what reading style best matches your type of study
- practice and appreciate the different types of condensing and summarising methods
- understand how cue cards work
- acquire note-taking skills that will aid studying
- know how to study from books in an effective and efficient way
- understand how to prioritise your studying
- Know how to preempt what questions you may be asked
- appreciate how visual methods can aid information assimilation
- understand the benefit of auditory methods and techniques
- understand methods to ensuring you don’t miss anything out when practicing / answering questions
- learn the ASPIRE strategy
- undertake a critical reflective learning exercise
- you may wish to take notes as you along
- please complete the baseline/pre course questions. This will be re-visited at the end of the course as part of your critical reflective learning
|Essential Study Skills|
|Types of study|
|Why do you study?||00:05:00|
|How do you learn?|
|How do you learn?||00:04:00|
|Acrostics, Acronyms, Analogies and Mnemonics|
|Reading video – styles & methods||00:06:00|
|Condensing and Summarising|
|The Cornell Note Taking System||00:03:00|
|Studying from books|
|PQRST & SQ3R methods||00:07:00|
|The traffic light approach||00:03:00|
|Method of Loci||00:06:00|
|The peg or hook system||00:01:00|
|Don't miss anything out!|
|A general strategy|
|The ASPIRE approach||00:03:00|
|Summary video 1||00:10:00|
|Summary video 2||00:08:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.