Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is the most widely used evidence-based practice for improving mental health. It is a form of psychotherapy that treats problems and boosts happiness by modifying dysfunctional emotions, behaviour and thoughts. It a talking therapy that can help you to manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave. Unlike other traditional treatment, CBT focuses on solutions and encourage the patients to challenge distorted cognitions and change destructive patterns of behaviour.
The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Course course is devoted to CBT approach covering all the essential skills for becoming a counsellor. The course mainly focuses on “eating disorders” and guides you how to deal with the patients with Anorexia, Bulimia, and Binge Eating Disorder.
By finishing the course, you will be able to treat the patients using CBT approach.
What Will I Learn?
- This Complete CBT Certification Programme (Beginner to Advanced) will help you to get in conscious control of your ability to create your life in the shape and form that you want.
- Therapists who implement CBT into their practice have a solution focused approach that quickly helps their clients to create positive changes that last.
- The purpose of this program is to train helping professionals and aspiring therapists to deliver effective cognitive behavior therapy.
- At the end of this course, students will be able to understand and demonstrate the importance of resilience building in cognitive behavioural processes.
- At the end of this course, students will also be able to action their ability to make appropriate evidence based decisions when working with clients experiencing depression, stress, PTSD and/or anxiety.
- Whilst this course includes usual teaching methods, because the course is studying personal and emotional experience as understood in CBT theory and practice, the teaching is less about the dissemination of facts and more about developing an understanding of people, relationships, and the ineffable mysteries of the human mind.
- The idea’s, techniques and processes that are presented throughout this course are immediately applicable in areas such as business, coaching, leadership, marketing and healthcare.
- This Complete CBT Certification Programme contains elements from all of the principal ‘schools’ of psychology, and if you are less than fully satisfied with this course, you can claim a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Once enrolled, students have lifetime access to this certification training. The course can be studied on your mobile, tablet, laptop or even via the audio version of the course which is included at no extra cost.
- The emphasis for the learning within this course is on the countless applications of CBT and how powerful these insights (and techniques) can be used to help both yourself and other people.
- There are no specific books or articles which must be read by all students. The reading list includes a range of books which tutors and students have found helpful in covering the topics on the course outline.
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level. The course comes accompanied with a range of downloads and worksheets that students are encouraged to print off and work through.
Who is the target audience?
- Students interested in psychology and/or counselling
- Individuals interested in career (work) related to ‘eating disorders’
- Individuals who want to use knowledge of CBT and ‘eating disorders’ in their work
- Individuals who want to work as professional ‘counsellors’ or ‘therapists’
|About the Tutor||FREE||00:01:00|
|About the Course||FREE||00:02:00|
|CBT & Therapeutic principles|
|What is CBT (the CBT model)||FREE||00:06:00|
|The therapeutic alliance, Trust and Empathy||00:07:00|
|Ethics of the therapy||00:05:00|
|The Psychology & Causations of Eating Disorders|
|Eating disorders: Categorisations||00:07:00|
|Core Psychopathology of Eating Disorders||00:07:00|
|Co-morbid psychiatric illness||00:07:00|
|Social and Family factors||00:08:00|
|The Assessment & Planning|
|First session – Assessment||00:08:00|
|Dietary and Nutritional issues||00:06:00|
|Setting Goals with the client||00:07:00|
|CBT in Practice|
|Working with Anxiety||00:05:00|
|The Socratic approach (Socratic questioning)||00:06:00|
|The ‘Exposure’ technique||00:07:00|
|Working with Beliefs (shape, weight, food)||00:07:00|
|Reviewing & Wrapping up|
|Designing and Reviewing Action plans||00:06:00|
|Concluding therapy successfully||00:04:00|
|Follow up and Relapse Prevention||00:05:00|
|Thank you and Good Bye!||00:02:00|
|Resources – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Course||00:00:00|