This is NOT a Programming course, the Goal is to understand the theory behind the creation of games.
You will learn about many different aspects of Game Design and how they work, such as:
- What a Game is (Goal, Interaction, Obstacles, and Rules)
- Types of Games (Digital, Analog, and Gamification)
- Game Loops
- Game Arcs
- Game Roles
- Game Industry (Publishers, Game Studios and Indie Game Studios)
- Game Purposes
- Layers of a Digital Game
- Tutorials (Explicit, Implicit)
- Licensing (Royalty free, Creative Commons)
- Game Design Document (+ Template)
- Publishing Games (Google Play, App Store, Steam and Itch io)
By the end of some classes, I’ll challenge you to do some exercises, to help you learn better. They are not mandatory, but they can make you become a better game designer.
You will also answer some Quizzes, to help you memorize what you learnt even more.
You’ll also be able to download the presentation used in this course.
This course will help you create a bionic eye, after your know how games are made, playing them will never be the same again.
What you’ll learn
- Understand what makes a game be a game
- Get to know in which area the student fits better
- Know the differences between the different types of Game Producers
- Know the different Games Purposes
- Learn how to adjust and choose the best tutorial for each Target Audience
- Find free assets to use in their games, even commercially
- Fill a basic Game Design Document for their own games
- Choose the best Store to publish games, according to the team’s goal
- There are absolutely no prerequisites to take this course.
Who is the target audience?
- People who want to learn about the Game Industry
- People who want to understand Game Theory
- Anyone who plans to work with Games in any area
- Humans that want to create a Bionic eye and play games as a Game Designer
- Teams who want to learn how to earn money by making games
|What Is A Game||00:06:00|
|Game Roles – Part 1||00:07:00|
|Game Roles – Part 2||00:07:00|
|Game Design Document and Game Design Canvas||00:06:00|
|Top 10 Game Designer Mistakes||00:06:00|
|Thank You And Congratulations||00:01:00|
|Resources – Welcome To Game Design – Introduction to Game Design Theory||00:00:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.