What you’ll learn
- Become creative with interesting flavor and texture combinations.
- Practice basic kitchen techniques such as separating eggs, weighing with a digital scale, and proper knife handling.
- Make a wide variety of fillings for cakes.
- Prepare fruit puree without any special or expensive equipment.
- Understand the basics of chocolate and how that plays in to making fillings.
- Properly handle and store different types of cake fillings.
- Gain access to downloadable guides and recipes.
- Understand different types of thickeners and the role they play in making fillings.
- Fill cakes three different ways for maximum appeal.
- This course is great for beginners. No prior knowledge of making fillings for cake required.
- An electric mixer, stand or hand, will be useful for completing all of the techniques in this course.
- A candy thermometer and digital kitchen scale are necessary along with some other basic kitchen tools.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make a wide variety of fillings.
- Complete beginners who have never made cake fillings from scratch.
- Business owners looking to add a wider variety to their menu.
- Home bakers searching for a large resource of techniques and recipes to add to their repertoire.
- Anyone looking for tested and reliable recipes that are very versatile.
|A Lesson in Chocolate||00:07:00|
|Introduction to Equipment||00:03:00|
|A Variety of Flavor||00:06:00|
|Mise en Place||00:02:00|
|Welcome to Thickeners||00:01:00|
|A Guide to Using Gelatin||00:01:00|
|Eggs as Thickeners||00:02:00|
|A Guide to Eggs in Cake Fillings||00:01:00|
|A Guide to Starch Thickeners||00:01:00|
|Get Started with Fruit Fillings||00:03:00|
|Apple Compote Method||00:09:00|
|Blackberry ClearJel Method||00:04:00|
|Instant ClearJel Guide||00:01:00|
|Lemon Rosemary Curd Method||00:11:00|
|Pastry Cream Introduction||00:03:00|
|Basic Pastry Cream Method||00:10:00|
|Chocolate Pastry Cream Method||00:02:00|
|Mousseline Cream Method||00:03:00|
|Diplomat Cream Method||00:04:00|
|Pastry Cream Guide||00:01:00|
|Dark Chocolate Cremeux Method||00:06:00|
|How to Make Fruit Puree||00:06:00|
|Strawberry Basil Cremeux Method||00:05:00|
|An Introduction to Mousse||00:03:00|
|Peanut Butter Mousse Method||00:13:00|
|Welcome to Caramel||00:03:00|
|Crunchy Fillings Introduction||00:03:00|
|Praline Pecan Method||00:04:00|
|Chocolate Streusel Method||00:09:00|
|Crunchy Fillings Recipes||00:01:00|
|Even More Fillings||00:01:00|
|German Chocolate Filling Method||00:06:00|
|Vegan Chocolate Ganache Method||00:04:00|
|Sugar Free Whipped Filling Method||00:02:00|
|Extra Filling Recipes||00:01:00|
|How to Fill a Cake|
|Mock Exam – The Complete Guide to Cake Fillings||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – The Complete Guide to Cake Fillings||00:20:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.