Listening is a conscious activity which requires attention. Rather than waiting to speak, you need to listen attentively to fully understand the other person. Remember, there is no point in asking a question if you do not intend to listen carefully to the answer!
The Communication: The Ultimate Guide to Questioning & Listening is designed to help you think about how you communicate verbally. The course includes information on the processes involved and the steps you can take to help ensure that verbal or spoken messages are received as intended. Through this course you will learn, examine and be able to apply; what questions are, what they can do and why we ask them. As well as examining and practicing active listening and common body language cues. In additional you will be able to recognize and respond to both positive and negative question responses.
What you’ll learn
- Answer – “what is questioning?”
- Understands and can apply what questions can do
- Unpick why we ask questions
- Examine what active listening is
- Undertake an active listening exercise
- Appreciate the role of body language
- Recognize the main body language cues and signs as they relate to questions & answers
- Use, understand and appreciate 12 question types
- recognize, appreciate and use 12 different types of questions – including; the pros and cons, examples and interpersonal implications
- Appreciate and respond appropriately to possible question responses
- Appreciate the role of emotional intelligence
- Download a series of ‘Top Ten Questions’
- Some method of jotting down thoughts, notes and quiz answers
- The 8th question type video (Socratic) has a supporting document
|Introduction to The Ultimate Guide to Questioning|
|The Fundamentals - What & Why|
|What is questioning?||00:02:00|
|What can questions do?||00:10:00|
|Why do we ask questions?||00:04:00|
|Are you listening?||00:09:00|
|Active Listening Exercise||00:09:00|
|The 12 Different Types of Questions|
|Introduction to the 12 question types||00:03:00|
|Tag or tail questions||00:02:00|
|Recall & process questions||00:02:00|
|Socratic questions – 6 types||00:04:00|
|How can people respond to questions?|
|8 possible question responses||00:06:00|
|Summary of Ultimate Guide To Questioning||00:04:00|
|Order your Certificate||00:00:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.