Want to get skilled in designing appealing user interfaces for any app or site! This 2D Game UI Design course will outline the development of games, including the designing and programming of games. Learn how to develop artwork and audio, and familiarise with current best practices and features applicable to UI design, which can be tested to ensure the delivery of intended playing experience and other technical errors. Project’s strategy, scope, information architecture, developing sitemaps and wireframes are some of the key issues which will be covered in this program.
The field of user interface design is in high demand, but the skills and expertise you will achieve in this area are applicable to a wide variety of professions, from marketing to web design, to human-computer interaction.
What you’ll learn
- Create fresh User Interface for 2D video games with Inkscape
- Create several types of icons and buttons for your game UI
- Use Inkscape on a higher level to create what you need for your game (i.e. menu items, buttons, icons)
- You need the free software Inkscape
- Inkscape knowledge is not obligatory, but a very basic knowledge helps!
Who this course is for:
- Developers, who want to design their own games
- Designers, who want to learn more about Game UI Design
- This course is NOT for you if you are a seasoned UI designer. This is a beginner course!
|Start with the basics|
|Welcome to Game UI design with Inkscape!||FREE||00:02:00|
|The 3 Cs of good game UIdesign||00:04:00|
|What is HUD||00:03:00|
|Before youdraw SKETCH!||00:02:00|
|Basic Button Bases||00:18:00|
|Creating general game icons|
|What makes a good icon||00:04:00|
|Very simple icons||00:06:00|
|More complex icons and drawing methods||00:09:00|
|Complex icons for a fantasy game||00:20:00|
|Creating an icon set for a ninja game||00:19:00|
|Drawing UI for a Space shooter game with Inkscape!|
|Space shooter UI design – Part #1||00:18:00|
|Space shooter UI design – Part #2||00:18:00|
|Drawing a fantasy game UI|
|Fantasy game UI – Part #1||00:20:00|
|Fantasy game UI – Part #2||00:19:00|
|Fantasy game UI – Part #3||00:16:00|
|Fantasy game UI – Part #4||00:12:00|
|Drawing UI for a cartoon style candy or gem matching game|
|Gemstone game UI – Part #1||00:21:00|
|Gemstone game UI – Part #2||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.