Xero Accounts course is about how to use Xero based on the most popular functions which you as a Xero operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) – to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up a Xero system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, reconcile the credit card, post journals, use the payroll function, write off bad debts, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Xero for yourself.
You will need to access to Xero Online. We give you the link to access the FREE online version. This will be sufficient The instructor is online to answer student queries daily and is in the middle of writing a book about this software.
The course materials include:
- the handout of the assignment task
- show you how to access the software for free
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
The course will take about 6.5 hours to complete.
What Will I Learn?
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using Xero software
- In this course, you will learn how to:
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
Who is the target audience?
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who will be using this for their clients
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Xero
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
- You will need access to Xero accounts online in order to complete the assignment (we’ll give you the link to get the free trial version of the software)
|Introduction – Getting Started||00:01:00|
|Signing up to Xero||00:04:00|
|Quick Tour of Xero||00:12:00|
|Initial Xero Settings||00:13:00|
|Chart of Accounts||00:14:00|
|Adding a Bank Account||00:08:00|
|Invoices and Sales|
|Introduction – Invoices and Sales||00:01:00|
|Creating an Invoice||00:18:00|
|Other Invoicing Tasks||00:03:00|
|Bills and Purchases|
|Introduction – Bills and Purchases||00:01:00|
|Creating a Bill||00:13:00|
|Purchase Order Settings||00:02:00|
|Other Billing Tasks||00:02:00|
|Introduction – Bank Accounts||00:01:00|
|Bank Accounts Screens||00:07:00|
|Reconciling Spend Money||00:05:00|
|Reconciling Receive Money||00:04:00|
|Find and Match||00:04:00|
|Remove and Redo vs Unreconcile||00:04:00|
|Uploading Bank Transactions||00:07:00|
|Automatic Bank Feeds||00:06:00|
|Products and Services|
|Introduction – Products and Services||00:01:00|
|Products and Services Screen||00:02:00|
|Adding Untracked Products||00:03:00|
|Adding Tracked Products||00:07:00|
|Introduction – Fixed Assets||00:01:00|
|Fixed Assets Settings||00:06:00|
|Adding Assets from Bank Transactions||00:06:00|
|Adding Assets from Spend Money||00:05:00|
|Adding Assets from Bills||00:02:00|
|Introduction – Payroll||00:01:00|
|Introduction – VAT Returns||00:01:00|
|VAT Returns – Manual Filing||00:06:00|
|VAT Returns – Digital Filing||00:02:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.