What Will I Learn?
- Be up and running managing and editing your own WordPress hosted website
- Create and edit posts and pages, format text, add images, add categories and tags, and publish or schedule your website’s content.
- Manage subscribers, contributors, authors, editors, and administrators for your website.
- Develop a solid beginner’s foundation in WordPress that you can use as a springboard towards more advanced web training or paid opportunities helping others get started editing and managing websites.
- Understand key settings, tools, and features of WordPress to enable you to control the look, feel, and function of your website.
- Easily create and manage menus and external links.
- Harness the power of the most useful plugins and widgets to extend your website’s capabilties.
- Students should already have their WordPress login information and a WordPress hosted website set up before taking this course. (* I still provide information and external resources in a text lecture if you need to still get set up.)
If you’re new to WordPress, start at the beginning and work through this WordPress for Beginners. This extensive course helps you get started easily with editing and managing your own WordPress website in 60 minutes or less. These step-by-step arranged and easy-to-follow modules will be ideal for complete beginners. Even if you already know a thing or two about WordPress, you can quickly jump to any topic you need help with this course.
What Students Are Saying:
“If you haven’t started using WordPress for your site but would like to write content for it by yourself you should take this course. Excellent, no fluff explanations and perfectly presented.” -Matt S. Rinc
I’m a tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and the Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome and a practicing award-winning multimedia artist.
I have over 16 years of experience teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately to your art, work, and everyday life.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely design advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.Empower yourself now by enrolling in this easy to follow WordPress course and join our growing learning community! Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started building your web design and content management skills today.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is ideal for complete beginners.
- This course is ideal for people who have a website that someone else made for them who would like to know how to begin to edit and manage it themselves.
- This course is ideal for those who have been tasked with editing their organization’s WordPress hosted website and don’t know where to start.
- Please note this is NOT an in-depth WordPress course. Students looking for intermediate to advanced WordPress training would be better off taking a longer, comprehensive course. (*Do please have a look at my other course offerings to see if I have a different course that is a better fit.)
|Introduction to the Course and WordPress Starter Essentials|
|Introduction to WordPress in 1 Hour: Quick and Easy Essentials for Beginners||FREE||00:02:00|
|WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org? How to Get Set Up and What You Need||FREE||00:02:00|
|Have a WordPress Account and All Set Up? Let's Start the Tour|
|Have Your WordPress Login Information? Let’s Get Started!||FREE||00:02:00|
|Tour the WordPress Dashboard||FREE||00:02:00|
|How to Make (or Edit) a Post in WordPress||00:08:00|
|How to Make a Page in WordPress ( & The Difference Between a Page and a Post)||00:02:00|
|The Rundown on WordPress Plugins||00:07:00|
|All About WordPress Themes||00:05:00|
|Fun With WordPress Widgets||00:04:00|
|Setting Up or Editing Menus in WordPress||00:03:00|
|How to Use Your Tools in WordPress||00:01:00|
|How to Be the Boss of Your WordPress Settings||00:04:00|
|Adding or Editing Links in WordPress||00:03:00|
|Managing Users and Permissions in WordPress||00:04:00|
|New Case Study: How to Use Color Psychology to Boost Your Website||00:12:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.