People are noise making machines. We have evolved the anatomy to create meaning by vibrating air. It is helpful for an actor to understand the mechanics of their voice in order to train most effectively.
Warming up the voice is important and helpful for professional voice users (singers, actors, and broadcast personalities), for occupational voice users (teachers, salespeople, for example), for those with injured voices, and for anyone who is preparing to give a presentation or wants to make a good impression with their voice.
Through the Warm Ups for Performers and Public Speaking you will learn how to keep your voice at optimum performance standard for a heavy gigging schedule, discover parts of your voice you never knew you had! You will learn to warm up your voice safely, have greater command over your voice, have greater confidence as an artist, and much more.
What Will I Learn?
- 17 video lectures demonstrating step-by-step the physical and vocal exercises discussed
- 35 min of “talking-head” video content
- Tutoring from an artist who have made these exercises part of her life for 16 years!
- A healthy body, mind and voice, ready to take on any performance!
- Resources at the end of the course to many more warm up ideas
- 10 -15 minutes of free time per day, to watch the lessons and then copy them.
- No prior physical ability is required. These exercises work well for all ages and body types. They are extremely safe (and effective!).
- A willingness to learn and improve. You only have one body. You need to take care of it.
- A room where you can practice. Perhaps a mirror to watch yourself in as you do the exercises (though not essential).
- Soft soled shoes, or as I prefer, go barefoot!
Who is the target audience?
- Students interested in public speaking or those wishing to improve their overall articulation or inability to speak clearly in front of others, are welcome to take this course.
- This 17 part course can be taken by complete beginners to advanced students.
|Why warming up your body and voice is essential for performance|
|Becoming aware of your feet|
|Warm up your feet||00:02:00|
|Breath Control 1_10||00:02:00|
|The Shake Out||00:01:00|
|A general Warm-Up|
|General Warm Up||00:03:00|
|Turning the Hum into Sound|
|Hum into Sound||00:02:00|
|Warming up the diaphragm|
|Breath Control Progression||00:02:00|
|The face stretch|
|The Face Stretch||00:01:00|
|The Tongue stretch|
|The Tongue Stretch||00:01:00|
|The Yawn - Sigh|
|The Cork Exercise|
|The Cork Exercise||00:03:00|
|The Tonal Sweep|
|To wrap up||00:01:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.