Employers expect everyone to have basic Microsoft Office skills and this course will get yours up to scratch. This Microsoft Office Essential Training is an introductory course for anyone who uses Office in the workplace, but particularly anyone returning to work after a career break or looking for a change of career.
The course covers all the basics you need to know on the 4 key pieces of software. Covering Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, you will learn best practices and be able to achieve confidence and job satisfaction with practice. Within these four programs you will cover 90% of the daily tasks carried out in today’s office environment including email and calendars, using formulas and functions, sorting and filtering data, using styles and multi-level lists, setting up a PowerPoint presentation, and more. By the end of the course you will be an Office all-rounder with enough confidence to sail through an interview or just work smarter.
What Will I Learn?
- Confidently use Microsoft Office in the workplace
- Understand the essential skills employers expect in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Apply best practices to your work
- Achieve confidence and job satisfaction through practice
- This Essential Skills course requires no previous knowledge, but assumes that students will have access to a PC and a copy of Office 2010 or later.
- Most of the principles can also be applied to Office 2007 and to Office 2013, but as the 2010 version is the most commonly used, this is the version I have chosen for the tutorials.
- When appropriate, the actual files used in the tutorial are provided for practice and I encourage students to download them and follow along.
- You will learn faster and be more confident when you try it yourself!
Who is the target audience?
- You should take this course if you use Microsoft Office at work but have never been trained
- Take this course if you want to become more confident, achieve progression at work or find a new job
- Update your skills by taking this course if you are returning to work after a career break
- This course is not intended as a comprehensive guide to Microsoft Office, it is intended to teach the essential skills employers want
- It does not cover advanced topics but does cover all you need to get started plus lots of cool shortcuts to make your day fly by
|Microsoft Office Word Essential Skills|
|A Quick Tour of the Interface||00:07:00|
|Spellchecking a Document||00:06:00|
|Find & Replace, and the New Navigation Pane||00:04:00|
|Adding a List in Word||00:08:00|
|Inserting a Table||00:05:00|
|Inserting a Chart and a Picture||00:05:00|
|Using AutoCorrect, and a Look at Quick Parts||00:08:00|
|Saving a Document as a Template||00:06:00|
|Microsoft Office Outlook Essential Skills|
|The Outlook 2010 INterface, and Setting Up Your Account||00:05:00|
|Email and Folders in Outlook 2010||00:06:00|
|Forwarding Emails, and Sending & Receiving Attachments||00:06:00|
|The Outlook Calendar||00:07:00|
|Adding a Recurring Appointment, and Setting Up a Meeting||00:07:00|
|Adding Outlook Contacts||00:07:00|
|Microsoft Office Excel Essential Skills|
|Simple Excel Calculations – Subtraction||00:03:00|
|Simple Excel Calculations – Multiplying by a Percentage||00:03:00|
|Simple Excel Calculations – Subtracting and Multiplying in the Same Formula||00:04:00|
|Simple Excel Calculations – The Invoice||00:06:00|
|Simple Excel Calculations – Locking Cell References||00:07:00|
|Excel Formulas and Functions||00:05:00|
|Inserting Functions from the Autosum Button||00:05:00|
|Excel Named Ranges||00:06:00|
|Outlining in Excel||00:06:00|
|Sorting Data in Excel||00:05:00|
|Adding Filters in Excel||00:06:00|
|Introduction to Excel Tables||00:09:00|
|Microsoft Office PowerPoint Essential Skills|
|Adding a Bullet List and a Table||00:05:00|
|Adding a Chart to your Presentation||00:03:00|
|Adding a SmartArt Diagram to a Slide||00:04:00|
|Adding Images in PowerPoint||00:07:00|
|Adding Slide Transitions and Applying a Theme||00:05:00|
|Putting it All Together||00:05:00|
|Order your Certificate||00:00:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.