Whether it is painting, photography, 3D rendering or film, colour is one of the most common essential elements of a composition. The Master Color in Photoshop CC explicitly focuses on photography, including the aspects of colour as well as how it can influence thinking, change actions, and cause reactions. The course starts off by considering the powerful impact of colour and its use in creating photographic artwork that can attract an individual’s attention or change their mood.
Through this course, you will have a deeper understanding of the colour theory, following with the colour wheel. The primary characteristics of colour and the principles of colour harmonies also addressed in this course. Moreover, you will discover how colour transformed by light and what type of progress you need to get desired outcomes.
What Will I Learn?
- Enhancing images with color theory. In her class, Kasia will focus on the role that color plays in photography and other branches of the visual arts. She will dive into the basic properties of color, the principles of color harmony, and how to rely on the color wheel to create more dynamic works of art. You will also examine the cultural meaning of color, its emotional impacts, and how color helps imbue compositions with visual weight. Going far beyond a simple Photoshop retouching tutorial, Kasia’s class will ultimately help you to both better understand color and how to work with digital tools to create more interesting color photographs.
- Using color to your advantage. Although artists use color subjectively, Kasia will teach you useful guidelines to remember as you begin your creative explorations. She will discuss traditional color schemes, and how to create a pallet that will direct viewer’s attention and enhance a sense of atmosphere in your images.
- Working with color. You will gain a better understanding of hue, saturation, brightness, tone, shade, and tint. Kasnia will explore the color wheel, explain primary, secondary, and tertiary colors, and show you how to use complementary color harmonies to make an image “pop.” In her brief, easy-to-follow Photoshop tutorials, she will also introduce you to the color picker tool, and how to use it to control and manipulate the color in your work.
- Gauging color temperature. Kasia will explore how to use color temperature to describe indoor and outdoor light, and how to rely on kelvins to know whether your photograph will end up with a cool, warm, or neutral color scheme. With Kasia’s help, you’ll learn that when you use light temperature to set your photograph’s white balance, Photoshop enhancement techniques are easier to apply!
- Creating dimension. You will follow along as Kasia talks about the dimensions of color, including value contrast, hue contrast, and saturation contrast, and how to use each to create depth and interest in your images.
- Using tips and tricks. Kasia will show you how to use free online tools to design beautiful, effective color combinations. She’ll demonstrate how to use the tools to explore color schemes, and show you time-saving techniques to rely on when you are processing your photos.
- Understanding digital techniques. Kasia will use the kind of accessible language found in Photoshop tutorials for beginners to explain how to process your photographs using the tools in Adobe’s program. She will give you step-by-step instructions for how to convert RAW files and enhance your image using her “no distraction” approach to color correction.
- Finding light. You will learn the ways color is affected by light and its direction, and the advanced photography techniques you can use to develop the balance and beauty in your work.
- Grading colors. Kasia will guide you through a complete color grading exercise designed to put her color theories into action. You’ll watch as she dramatically enhances portraits with complementary and harmonious colors, building warmer, more impactful images with the help of her techniques.
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
Who is the target audience?
- Take this course if you are curious about color grading techniques behind striking portraits
- Take this course to learn about the role that color plays in a medium of photography
- Take the course to learn how to fix typical color related issues
- Take this course to learn the basis of Color Theory
- Take this course if you want to learn in detail powerful and flexible Photoshop techniques to improve your photos
- Take this course if you are an artist and would like to introduce digital techniques in your creative process
- Take this course if you want to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing
- Take this course if you love photography!
|Welcome to the "Master Color in Photoshop CC"|
|The Power of Color|
|The Power of Color and Color Theory||00:02:00|
|The 3 Properties of Colour||00:05:00|
|The Three Dimensions of Color||00:05:00|
|Color and Its Impact on Photographic Composition|
|Color and Photographic Composition||00:02:00|
|Color in Image Creation||00:03:00|
|How Light Affects Color||00:08:00|
|Direction of Light||00:03:00|
|RAW Conversion for Color Grade|
|RAW white balance||00:06:00|
|Hands-on Color Grading Exercise - Complete 1st Edit|
|Color Grade Quick Intro||00:03:00|
|Quick Cleanup with the Spot Healing Brush Tool||00:06:00|
|Setting the Stage for Dodge and Burn||00:07:00|
|Adding Depth to the Image with the Dodge & Burn Method||00:20:00|
|Targeted Color Adjustments with the Hue & Saturation Tool||00:10:00|
|Targeted Color Adjustments with the Selective Color Tool||00:13:00|
|Enhancing the Shadow Range||00:04:00|
|Hands-on Color Grading Excercise - Complete 2nd Edit|
|Color Grade Quick Intro||00:00:00|
|Dodge and Burn Preparations||00:04:00|
|Adding Depth to the Image with the Dodge & Burn Method||00:05:00|
|Targeted Luminosity Adjustments||00:07:00|
|Skin Tones Adjustments||00:07:00|
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.