Whether you are 2D game developer, indy developer or you want to animate your creatures- this Dynamic 2D Video Game Animation is for you. If you are a hobby game creator or want to create easy games prototypes with animation, this animation course is going to help you a lot. Throughout this course, you’ll learn to use Inkspace and DragonBones to design and animate characters for your game.
Inkspace and DragonBones are two free programs helpful for creating smooth and flexible 2D game character animations. Our Dynamic 2D Video Game Animation will have you combine these two incredible programs to develop versatile, ready to use character designs. You’ll also learn to animate by importing the character parts & creating the bone system. This course will mostly focus on the DragonBones, so basic Inkspace knowledge will be needed to follow this animation course.
What you’ll learn
- You will be able to design, rig and animate your own 2D game character with free programs!
- You will have a basic character animation knowledge!
- You will be able to recreate my workflow and design and animate your own characters!
- You will create simple animations, that are ready to be used with ANY 2D game engine!
- Download the two free software we use in the course: Inkscape and Dragonbones
- The course is mainly about animation, have a very basic Inkscape knowledge to start the course!
- Optional: Have a character idea ready! You can use my character too, but you will learn more and have more fun designing and animating your very own creation!
Who this course is for:
- This course is made for 2D game developers, indy developers or hobby game creators.
- This course is for character designers who want to learn to animate their creatures!
- The course is built for developers who want to create easy game prototypes with animation for free!
- This course is NOT for you if you are looking for 3D animation! Both programs are great for 2D design and animation but not 3D!
- This course is about game character animation, NOT about animating a full scene or animated movie!
|Before we start|
|Before you start||00:02:00|
|Design your character in Inkscape|
|Design the knight character in Inkscape – Part1||00:12:00|
|Design the knight character in Inkscape – Part 2||00:14:00|
|Design the knight character in Inkscape – Part 3||00:09:00|
|Prepare for animation!|
|Exporting the design from Inkscape||00:07:00|
|Welcome to DragonBones!||00:02:00|
|Import and assemble your character to DragonBones||00:07:00|
|Animate your character in DragonBones!|
|Create the bone system of your character||00:11:00|
|Using live video references||00:03:00|
|Our very first animation!||00:07:00|
|Creating a mesh!||00:11:00|
|Animating more soft parts with mesh editing||00:14:00|
|Character walk cycle in DragonBones – Part 1 the first steps!||00:19:00|
|Character walk cycle in DragonBones – Part2 move your arms!||00:12:00|
|Character walk cycle in DragonBones – Part 3 animating meshes!||00:07:00|
|Character walk cycle in DragonBones – Part 4 final touches||00:13:00|
|Creating an attack move – Part 1||00:13:00|
|Creating an attack move – Part 2||00:07:00|
|Dying animation sequence||00:15:00|
|Exporting animation and modular characters|
|Export your animated sprites from DragonBones||00:04:00|
|Modular characters in DragonBones||00:07:00|
No Reviews found for this course.