What you’ll learn
- Make Swiss Meringue Buttercream from scratch.
- Create custom cake boards to match any cake.
- Level, torte, fill, crumb coat, and smooth finish buttercream cakes.
- Work with gel colors and color dusts.
- Prepare piping bags.
- Pipe rosettes and ruffles.
- Create cake designs with a metal cake spatula.
- Painting on buttercream.
- Applying watercolor and ombre color techniques.
- Build a stable two-tiered cake great for any occasion!
- No prior cake decorating experience required.
- Basic cake decorating supplies and equipment will be needed. A list of resources is included in the course.
- Plain baked cakes of student’s choice in size and flavor. You can take my other course if you are new to baking as well!
Who this course is for:
- Students who are comfortable baking cakes as this course only covers decorating.
- Complete beginners who are looking into hobby decorating or want to start a career.
- Cake decorating career seekers who need to build up their buttercream skills.
- Bakery business owners looking to expand menus or help train staff.
|Introduction- Get Started!
|Swiss Meringue Buttercream Method
|Custom Cake Boards
|Frosting a Cake Smooth
|Applying the Second Coat
|Frosting the Cake Smooth
|Technique 2- Straight Lines
|Technique 3- Pinwheel
|Technique 4- Circles
|Getting Started with Color
|Watercolor Technique- Method
|Transfer the Watercolor Cake
|Transfer the Ombre Cake
|Filling a Piping Bag
|Rosettes-Piping on a Cake
|Ruffles-Transfer a Design
|Ruffles- Transfer the Cake
|Ruffles- Piping on a Cake
|Floral Ruffles- Practice
|Floral Ruffles- Planning
|Floral Ruffles- Piping the Sides
|Floral Ruffles- Piping the Top
|Prepare your Paints
|Painting a Cake
|Painting with Luster
|Fundamentals and Equipment
|Green Ruffle Cake Stacking
|Green Ruffles-Finishing Touches
|Orange Floral Ruffle Cake Stacking
|Floral Ruffles-Finishing Touches
This course is for anyone who's interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This course will also help you gain potential professional skills.
No prior qualifications are needed to take this course.
You can study this course from wherever and whenever you want. You can study at your own pace and from any device. Just log in to your account from any device and start learning!
Yes, there is a test at the end of the course. Once you’ve completed all the modules of the course, you will have to give a multiple-choice test. The questions will be based on the topics of the modules you studied. And of course, you can take the test at any time, from any device and from anywhere you want.
Don’t worry if you fail the test, you can retake it as many times as you want.
You don’t have to wait a minute after your payment has been received, you can begin immediately. You will create your login details during the checkout process and we will also send you an email confirming your login details.
We make the payment process easy for you. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. We use the latest SSL encryption for all transactions, so your order is safe and secure.
After you complete the course, you’ll immediately receive a free printable PDF certificate. Hard Copy certificate is also available, and you can get one for just £9! You may have to wait for 3 to 9 days to get the hard copy certificate.