Is a great story, nice graphics and engaging gameplay enough to formulate a good game? Not at all! Well-designed characters are also an integral part of it. Our 2D Game Characters Design with Inkscape course is all about creating versatile vector characters with Inkspace. This course introduces simple and fast methods to prepare any character for animation.
If you have a basic knowledge of Inkspace, you can opt for this course. Inkspace is a versatile vector tool which helps to design characters in an easier and faster way. This 2D Game Characters Design with Inkscape course will give a clear understanding of this free software and you’ll learn how to design a game character with this tool from scratch. From teaching you the theory of character design to the techniques of animating your characters, this course will familiarise you with the 6 step character design method.
What you’ll learn
- Create 2d game characters with Inkscape
- Evaluate the final character design
- Prepare the character for animation
- You need a computer with Inkscape installed.
- You will need a pencil and paper for sketching!
- You need to have a basic knowledge of Inkscape! This is not a beginner course!
Who this course is for:
- Do you need a unique character for your new game? This course is for you!
- This course is for developers who want to create versatile vector game characters
- This course is NOT for you if you are an absolute beginner with Inkscape!
|Introduction and warming up!|
|Warming up create a sword and a shield||00:07:00|
|The theory of character design|
|What makes a good character||00:06:00|
|My proven character design process||00:05:00|
|The importance of sketching||00:03:00|
|Color theory in character design||00:07:00|
|Character proportion basics||00:05:00|
|Game character animation in Inkscape|
|Robot character blueprint||00:12:00|
|Animation in Inkscape – Part 1.||00:07:00|
|Animation in Inkscape – Part 2.||00:10:00|
|Design characters in Inscape|
|Ninja character blueprint||00:16:00|
|Skeleton warrior character blueprint||00:12:00|
|RPG warrior character blueprint – Part 1.||00:13:00|
|RPG warrior character blueprint – Part 2.||00:13:00|
|RPG warrior character blueprint – Part 3.||00:17:00|
|Additional tips and tricks about character design|
No Reviews found for this course.